Friday, July 30, 2010

an unusual stone

I had originally planned to use this agate in my ocean collection. I designed a piece of jewellery which seemed to be perfect for this stone, but the stone didn't work in the design. It's an unusual shape, the bottom of it isn't flat like a cabochon, it's rounded, and the sides are uneven, it's more like an irregular river stone than a cabochon.








But I just had to add it to the collection as it was absolutely perfect - it has the most amazing fish shape within the stone.

I wanted the stone to be simply set and to be the centre/emphasis of the piece, and something that worked with the irregularity of the stone. I finished the ring today; mother fish guiding her babies through the ocean currents.



I'll be listing this ring in my Etsy store tomorrow morning.
I've also got seven new pieces that I've just finished that have nothing to do with the ocean, I'll have some photos to show you by Monday.

No comments: